Gary Neville, a former player for Manchester United, recently questioned Chelsea’s $112 million acquisition of Enzo Fernandez from Benfica on Twitter.
Neville remarked that the payment is “one hell of a price” for the World Cup champion from Argentina.
Fernandez won the award for Young Player of the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup after assisting Argentina in taking home the trophy in December.
- Police Confirm Killing of 3 Persons as Rival Cult Clash in Ebonyi Community
- Seyi Makinde Presents Instruments of Office to Six Monarch’s
- BREAKING: Usman Ahmed Ododo Sworn in as Kogi State Governor
- Shun Enticements From Drug Traffickers, Baron’s – Marwa Charges NDLEA Officers
- Flooding: Ekiti Govt Warns Against Reckless Blockage of Waterways
According to prior reports, Chelsea has since made the 21-year-old a £112 million offer in an effort to lure him away from Benfica.
Neville tweeted in response to Chelsea’s offer: “Are Chelsea paying €127m for Enzo Fernandez? That is a really steep price. However, bloody hell! A very good player!