Former Liverpool star, John Barnes, has advised Manchester United to replace Cristiano Ronaldo with World Cup star, Cody Gakpo.
According to Barnes, it would make sense if Man United signed Gakpo as Ronaldo’s replacement at Old Trafford.
Gakpo had impressive outing with the Netherlands during the just concluded 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
The PSV star scored three times from five appearances to help his country through to the quarter-finals.
Ronaldo, meanwhile, is currently a free agent after Man United terminated his contract last month following his controversial interview with Piers Morgan.
“I think that a move for Gakpo would make sense for Manchester United,” Barnes told BonusCodeBets.
- NLC, TUC Boycott Meeting With FG – As Nationwide Strike Looms
- 42 Killed As Bomb Explodes At A Religious Gathering In Pakistan
- “I’m In Lagos, I Did Not Flee The Country” – Boy Seen With MohBad’ Lifeless Body Breaks Silence
- FLASH: Why I Assaulted, Bullied Mohbad – Sam Larry Makes Confession
- JUST-IN: Gunmen Abduct Army General In Imo
“Ronaldo has left and they have not exactly hung their hat on Anthony Martial to say he will be their main number 9. They’re looking for a centre forward because Marcus Rashford likes to play out wide.
“Gakpo would get more playing time at Manchester United than with Liverpool and would also suit them more. He is a goal threat that works hard for the team.”