JUNGLETALKER gathered the woman was in ‘Niqob’ Purdah when the unfortunate incident occurred.
The protest was staged by the concerned Muslim leaders and youths on Monday.
The protesters demanded prosecution of the suspect.
JUNGLETALKER learnt on Monday that a Muslim lady, who was in purdah, was allegedly raped inside a mosque at Iwo Road area of Ibadan on Sunday.
A source said, “An unfortunate incident happened on Sunday in Ibadan, when the son of a road transport union sneaked into a mosque and raped a niqobite.
“This then prompted the concerned Muslim leaders to stage the protest on Monday.”
- Governor Adeleke Eases Burden, Pays Off Half of Salary Debt to Dedicated Osun Civil Servants
- Kaduna Bandits Drive Locals Out of Ancestral Homes For Failing to Pay Tax
- Kogi guber: Dino Melaye speaks on collecting N3bn from Atiku, Dangote
- BREAKING: Nasarawa PDP Faces Division as Senator Ewuga Throws Support Behind Governor Sule
- Ondo Commissioner Confirms Akeredolu’s Forged Signature
The concerned Muslims were led in the protest by an Ibadan-based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Amubieya.
Another source told reporters that the suspect had been arrested.
He said, “The thug who raped a niqobite (Muslim lady in veil) has been identified as Idris, also known as Kesari.
“He is the son of a union leader known as Al-Majiri. He was arrested by the police and the case has now been transferred to the State CID”.