The degree of extrajudicial killings and insecurity in Lagos State has escalated, according to Nigerian social activist and comedian Debo Adebayo, aka Mr. Macaroni, since Babajide Sanwo-Olu was elected governor.
In response to the deadly shooting of a female lawyer in the state, Mr. Macaroni made this statement.
According to reports, a police Assistant Superintendent (ASP) shot and killed the attorney Omobolanle Raheem on Sunday.
The deceased was returning from church on Christmas Day when the event happened close to the Ajah bridge.
- Police Confirm Killing of 3 Persons as Rival Cult Clash in Ebonyi Community
- Seyi Makinde Presents Instruments of Office to Six Monarch’s
- BREAKING: Usman Ahmed Ododo Sworn in as Kogi State Governor
- Shun Enticements From Drug Traffickers, Baron’s – Marwa Charges NDLEA Officers
- Flooding: Ekiti Govt Warns Against Reckless Blockage of Waterways
According to reports, Bolanle was shot while she was sitting in the car with her husband next to her.
Reacting, Macaroni wrote on Twitter, “Dear Governor BabaJide Sanwo-Olu, The level of insecurity, oppression, brutality and extrajudicial killings since you became Governor has worsened.
“You don’t control the police? Ok. But you are the Chief Security Officer of the state. What are you doing about it.”