JUNGLETALKER learnt that residents close by have already vacated their houses for fear of a fresh attack, lamenting that they don’t know where to go.
An eyewitness who pleaded anonymity on Sunday morning said there was heavy shooting which lasted over 45 minutes, and two people were reportedly killed during the shootout.
He said the hoodlums, who reportedly opened fire at the military, came in a Toyota Sienna around 7:30 pm and parked far away due to traffic congestion before bombarding the checkpoint.
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Alison-Madueke; Starts Extradition Process
- FLASH: 10 Killed, 60 Injured As Church Roof Collapsed
- Nigeria’s First Emeritus Professor, Umaru Shehu Dies
- JUST-IN: Tribunal Sacks Governor Abdullahi Sule Of Nasarawa, Declares Opposition Winner
- BREAKING: President Tinubu Increases Provisional Wage To N35000 For All Workers To Avert Stike
He said gunmen had targetted offices of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as well as security operatives in recent months.
Efforts made to get the Army’s reaction proved abortive as the spokesperson, Capt. Joseph Akubo did not pick up his calls or reply to the message sent to him as at the time of filling this report.