Our correspondent gathered that the deceased who was born on August 14, 1961 died yesterday, December 31st, 2022 around 10pm at age 61.
The news of the demise of the Ijesa born prominent politician and environmental sanitation expert came as a rude shock to many of his admirers, members, and chieftains of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) who felt deeply remose for the loss.
It was gathered that the late politician has been ill for a while before he gave up the ghost on the eve of the new year.
- Governor Adeleke Eases Burden, Pays Off Half of Salary Debt to Dedicated Osun Civil Servants
- Kaduna Bandits Drive Locals Out of Ancestral Homes For Failing to Pay Tax
- Kogi guber: Dino Melaye speaks on collecting N3bn from Atiku, Dangote
- BREAKING: Nasarawa PDP Faces Division as Senator Ewuga Throws Support Behind Governor Sule
- Ondo Commissioner Confirms Akeredolu’s Forged Signature
He was a time the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in Ilesa East local government and also served as the Commissioner for Environment and Sanitation during the second term of the former governor of Osun and now Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.
Expressing his sadness over the loss, the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Timothy Owoeye, described the death of Hon Idowu Korede, as “a personal loss that he is yet to come to terms with”.