Issa Naigheti has been detained by the Kwara State Police Command on suspicion of kidnapping Bature Naigboho in Igboho, Orelope Local Government Area, Oyo State, and demanding N2.5 million as Ransom
The anti-kidnapping squad detained the suspect on January 4, 2023, in the Kambi neighborhood on the Ilorin-Jebba route in the Moro local government area of Kwara state, according to the command.
According to a statement by the command’s spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi, the anti-kidnapping squad had Issa in custody as they were pursuing suspected kidnappers in the Kambi area.
According to Okesanmi, Issa revealed under questioning that he plotted with two people to kidnap his father, Bature, and demanded N2.5 million in ransom.
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Alison-Madueke; Starts Extradition Process
- FLASH: 10 Killed, 60 Injured As Church Roof Collapsed
- Nigeria’s First Emeritus Professor, Umaru Shehu Dies
- JUST-IN: Tribunal Sacks Governor Abdullahi Sule Of Nasarawa, Declares Opposition Winner
- BREAKING: President Tinubu Increases Provisional Wage To N35000 For All Workers To Avert Stike
The statement read, “Members of the command’s anti-kidnapping team arrested one Issa Naigheti “m” on 4/1/2023 around Kambi area of Ilorin while on the trail of suspected kidnappers.
“He confessed under interrogation to having conspired with two others to kidnap his father, one Bature Naigboho “m,” in Igboho/Igbeti area of Oyo State, and the sum of #2.5 million was collected as ransom.”
“Efforts are ongoing to arrest his other accomplices, and the case would be transferred to Oyo State, the venue of the crime.”