A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has convicted and sentenced the Director-General of the Peter Obi presidential campaign council, Doyin Okupe to two years imprisonment for breaching the money laundering act.
The judgement was delivered on Monday, December 19 by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, the presiding judge.
The court found Okupe guilty of 26 out of a 59-count charge preferred against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Justice Ojukwu sentenced Okupe to two years inprisonment on each of the counts.
- NLC, TUC Boycott Meeting With FG – As Nationwide Strike Looms
- 42 Killed As Bomb Explodes At A Religious Gathering In Pakistan
- “I’m In Lagos, I Did Not Flee The Country” – Boy Seen With MohBad’ Lifeless Body Breaks Silence
- FLASH: Why I Assaulted, Bullied Mohbad – Sam Larry Makes Confession
- JUST-IN: Gunmen Abduct Army General In Imo
However, the court said the sentence is to run concurrently.
The judge gave Okupe the option to pay a N500, 000 fine on each of the counts — totalling about N13 million.