Akwa Ibom State High Court in Uyo had sentenced a 36-year-old commercial motorcycle operator locally known as “okada rider” to 20 years imprisonment for raping a 13-year-old girl.
The convict, Anietie Bassey Etim, a native of Ikot Itie Udung in Nsit Atai Local Government Area, was said to have taken the victim who boarded his motorcycle to a church on a lonely path, where he had carnal knowledge of her, consecutively.
- NLC, TUC Boycott Meeting With FG – As Nationwide Strike Looms
- 42 Killed As Bomb Explodes At A Religious Gathering In Pakistan
- “I’m In Lagos, I Did Not Flee The Country” – Boy Seen With MohBad’ Lifeless Body Breaks Silence
- FLASH: Why I Assaulted, Bullied Mohbad – Sam Larry Makes Confession
- JUST-IN: Gunmen Abduct Army General In Imo
Justice Gabriel Ette in his judgement found the convict guilty of rape and sentenced him to 20 years in prison.
“You are to spend the next 20 years in prison, having been found guilty of rape.” Justice Ette ruled.