Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s nominee for president, has urged his supporters to accept the donations made by rival political parties while continuing to support him.
At the Labour Party’s presidential rally on Thursday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, the candidate for the party made the announcement.
Obi claims that although the money is Nigerian property, people in power “stole” it.
He said: “Let me tell you, that money they are giving you is your money, collect it, eat it and vote for me.
- Pastor Arrested Over Wife Killing in Ekiti
- Ohanaeze Predicts Reduced Popularity for Simon Ekpa and Peter Obi Following Nnamdi Kanu’s Release
- Court Stops Ondo Gov. Akeredolu From Inaugurating LGAs, LCDAs Caretaker Committees
- Jubilation as Adamawa Governor Announces N10,000 Monthly Bonus for NYSC Members”
- Japa: Reps Raise Alarm as LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Due to Doctors’ Shortage
The money that I will give to you is that you will be employed, you will have healthcare, you will get education, I will make society work and you will become rich. I want to build a society where everybody is secure where a child of nobody will be able to become president of this country.”
Obi also stated his desire to unite Nigeria and transition it from a consumer society to a producer one.
He promised to resurrect Nigeria in the same way that he had “revived dead enterprises” in the past and encouraged Nigerians to hold him accountable.