The New Jerusalem Church of God, Victoria Parish Headquarters, in Warri, Delta State has obtained a court judgement with a five million naira damage awarded in its favour in the dispute over a piece of land situated at 49 Iyara Street, Warri South Local Government Area.
The land measures 855.58 798.10 square metres.
The church specifically obtained the judgement in the suit it brought against one Mr Tongbe Solomon Esinmaje who constructed an uncompleted three-storey building on a portion belonging to the church.
Esimaje, thereafter, dragged the church before the Delta State High Court 3 sitting in Warri with the intention to allegedly claim ownership of the land.
Based on the judgement obtained, the Church today demolished the uncompleted three-storey building constructed on its portion of land.
- Pastor Arrested Over Wife Killing in Ekiti
- Ohanaeze Predicts Reduced Popularity for Simon Ekpa and Peter Obi Following Nnamdi Kanu’s Release
- Court Stops Ondo Gov. Akeredolu From Inaugurating LGAs, LCDAs Caretaker Committees
- Jubilation as Adamawa Governor Announces N10,000 Monthly Bonus for NYSC Members”
- Japa: Reps Raise Alarm as LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Due to Doctors’ Shortage
The demolition exercise commenced only after a “Writ of Possession” was obtained by the church separately against the claimant.
Justice N.E Emudainohwo who presided over the case awarded a five million naira damage against Esimaje for trespassing on the portion of land and constructing an uncompleted storey building and thereby altering the character of the land “without the consent of the defendant/counter-claimant first sought and obtained”.