A Popular Nigeria musician Damini Ogulu, who is better known as Burna Boy has won both Best International Act And Best Africa Musical Act at MOBO awards.
He was one of the big winners at the 2022 MOBO Awards.
Burna Boy who had been nominated under the category of Best International Act at the MOBOs alongside the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Chris Brown, Drake and Summer Walker had come out tops as the winner of the award.
Other nominees under the category included Jazmine Sullivan, Skilibeng, Jack Harlow and Nigerian fast-rising global act, Tems.
- Police Confirm Killing of 3 Persons as Rival Cult Clash in Ebonyi Community
- Seyi Makinde Presents Instruments of Office to Six Monarch’s
- BREAKING: Usman Ahmed Ododo Sworn in as Kogi State Governor
- Shun Enticements From Drug Traffickers, Baron’s – Marwa Charges NDLEA Officers
- Flooding: Ekiti Govt Warns Against Reckless Blockage of Waterways
Burna also won the Best African Act, beating Asake, Rema, Fireboy, and Omah Lay.
This brings the star’s MOBO award wins to a total of three following his 2021 win as the Best International Act.
The MOBO Awards is an annual British music award presentation honouring achievements in “music of black origin”, including hip hop, grime, UK Drill, R&B, and more.