A Lady has attempted to take her own life after she was dumped by her boyfriend.
TheNation reported that Motunrayo Balogun, who is an hairstylist, was said to have consumed poisonous substances but was rushed to a hospital by her mother.
Sources said Moruntayo took the decision to end her life after the boyfriend told her he was tired of the relationship.
The source said it was her mother who found her lying on the floor unconscious with an empty bottle of poison in her hands.
She rushed her to the nearest hospital where she was revived.
A friend of Motunrayo, who pleaded anonymity, said she withdrew to her shell and turned an introvert.
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Alison-Madueke; Starts Extradition Process
- FLASH: 10 Killed, 60 Injured As Church Roof Collapsed
- Nigeria’s First Emeritus Professor, Umaru Shehu Dies
- JUST-IN: Tribunal Sacks Governor Abdullahi Sule Of Nasarawa, Declares Opposition Winner
- BREAKING: President Tinubu Increases Provisional Wage To N35000 For All Workers To Avert Stike
“I don’t understand why she did such a thing to herself.
“The man does not give her breathing space. He is always monitoring her movement and everything she does. Yet, he doesn’t have regard for her.
“Even when she comes to work, three hours later, you will see him drive down to check up on her every now and then.
“I’m sure it might be because most guys stay away from their girlfriends when the festive period is approaching so as not to spend money on them, only for them to reconcile after New Year celebration. Maybe that was the case. I can’t really tell. Because I don’t see any reason for the break up now.
“But the reason she took that step is what I don’t understand. For me, no man is worth such decision. It was a very bad idea,” she lamented.