Kehinde Fatinoye, a member of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), was assassinated on Sunday.
Fatinoye and his wife, a Principal Confidential Secretary at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, FUNAAB before the tragedy, were both killed.
It was learned that the couple had just arrived home from the New Year crossing service when the unidentified individuals invaded their home in Ibara GRA.
According to a source who spoke to our correspondent, the couple’s attackers slaughtered them inside their home before setting them on fire.
- Governor Adeleke Eases Burden, Pays Off Half of Salary Debt to Dedicated Osun Civil Servants
- Kaduna Bandits Drive Locals Out of Ancestral Homes For Failing to Pay Tax
- Kogi guber: Dino Melaye speaks on collecting N3bn from Atiku, Dangote
- BREAKING: Nasarawa PDP Faces Division as Senator Ewuga Throws Support Behind Governor Sule
- Ondo Commissioner Confirms Akeredolu’s Forged Signature
Also purportedly carried away by the assassins were the couple’s kid and domestic staff.
Ogun State police spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, saying: “It is true the incident happened. Investigation has commenced. Somebody has been arrested in connection with the incident. The man and his wife were killed and we are yet to find their child who was taken away.”
He further confirmed: “The incident happened after 12 in the morning. This is a clear case of assassination and we are not leaving any stone unturned to unravel those behind the killings.”