According to a statement by Brigadier General Bashir Adewinmbi, the Osun Amotekun Corps Commander, Aderibigbe was arrested on Thursday after a tip-off by the residents of the area where he committed the dastardly act.
It was gathered that Yisa lured the two minors who were aged 5 and 7 years old to an uncompleted building in the Ayepe area of Osogbo and raped them.
Adewinmbi also stated that investigation revealed that the suspect is a notorious and serial rapist.
“Upon interrogation, the suspect confessed to committing the crime.
“I want to thank the residents of the area, who informed us about the incident. I want to appreciate them for their support,” he said in the statement.
- Pastor Arrested Over Wife Killing in Ekiti
- Ohanaeze Predicts Reduced Popularity for Simon Ekpa and Peter Obi Following Nnamdi Kanu’s Release
- Court Stops Ondo Gov. Akeredolu From Inaugurating LGAs, LCDAs Caretaker Committees
- Jubilation as Adamawa Governor Announces N10,000 Monthly Bonus for NYSC Members”
- Japa: Reps Raise Alarm as LUTH Shuts Down 5 Wards Due to Doctors’ Shortage
He said the suspect had been transferred to the police for subsequent interrogation and prosecution.
While reiterating the commitment of the corps to fighting criminal activities in the state, he said Amotekun will always work with other security agencies to rid the state of criminals.
The corps commander, who warned that it is wrong to politicize criminality, added that efforts must be geared towards ensuring that the people are well-protected, in conjunction with other security agencies.