14-Year-old marriage between Maxwell Chuka and his wife, was dissolved by a Customary Court sitting in Jikwoyi, Abuja, on Wednesday, over childlessness.
Judge Labaran Gusau, presiding over the court dissolved the marriage on the grounds that the parties have lost interest in the union.
“It is on record that both parties have consented to the dissolution of the marriage and also the respondent has asked the court to grant her husband prayer of divorce.
“In view of this, the court has no other choice than to grant the petitioner’s prayer for divorce. The marriage is hereby dissolved.
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Alison-Madueke; Starts Extradition Process
- FLASH: 10 Killed, 60 Injured As Church Roof Collapsed
- Nigeria’s First Emeritus Professor, Umaru Shehu Dies
- JUST-IN: Tribunal Sacks Governor Abdullahi Sule Of Nasarawa, Declares Opposition Winner
- BREAKING: President Tinubu Increases Provisional Wage To N35000 For All Workers To Avert Stike
“The petitioner has also waved the N25,000 bride price he paid. Hence the respondent has no need to return it,” Labaran said.
JUNGLETALKER gathered that Christy consented to the breaking of the union on grounds that he has also lost interest in the marriage.
“I am exhausted in this marriage. I have tried my best to have children but all attempts have failed.
“I have gone to different places, taken different concoctions, all to no avail,” she said.